Tuesday, June 21, 2011

An Intoduction

So I have been contemplating starting a blog for a while now. There is something about the chance to express your thoughts about whatever niche of the world you live in that is pretty cool. I was hesitant, of course, at the thought that I might construe myself as a hipster, an intelligent writer, or someone with something extraordinary to say. But I suppose that is the beauty of blogs. The idea that everyone has something to say, that every life is unique yet shares commonalities, and that people are curious enough to know that they are not alone in a world that can be scary. That is pretty cool.

But here I am, already getting sappy. On with the show.

Within the blogging world, of course, you can find religious posts, travel updates, political tirades, and daily too-long-to-fit-in-140-characters-or-less Twitter-like updates. Hopefully my blog will be one of those that is the appropriate combination of the above. There are those blogs that strike a chord, and while I doubt my writing, thinking, or lifestyle is all that impressive or interesting, I think people could use a bit of an average point of view to read up on.

My writing schedule is nonexistent. My writing style is all-too conversational. And my grammar is poor. I hope that through all of this you can keep up in what will be some strange commentary on the fine line I try to walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment