Sunday, August 28, 2011

A Prelude: Post-Summer Ramblings


It ended rather abruptly, the summer did. It felt like just three blinks of an eye ago, I was saying my goodbyes at camp, which had just followed a week of kids and craziness, which had followed a grand trip to Lake Powell with my family, which came right off the heels of a couple free weeks after school had ended. The plan after camp was to relax for the next few weeks and have a good time with my girlfriend, who was coming to visit, but I ended up working at Steelhead, a water bottle production line manufacturing company. That swept up the next two weeks, and then, before I knew it, I was watching my one and only high school football game for the year, featuring my little sister on the dance team. Now, I am sitting in the San Antonio International Airport  at 4:30 AM waiting to jump an early plane back to school. 

I thought about the summer and all the adventures and places I have been: physically, mentally, and spiritually. I thought I might share those experiences or ramblings, rather, explaining my summer and some big events listed above and what they do to a person who tries to be intentional about taking in what is around him. Also, keep in mind, I was trying to walk a fine line almost the entire time, so that heightened sense of cautiousness, I think, allowed me to understand better where I am as a person and where the world around me is. So without too much more delay… Post-Summer Ramblings are coming in hot.  

No comments:

Post a Comment